Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mood Changes >:(

If weeks 5-7 were all about exhaustion, the theme for weeks 8-9 can be labeled as irritability and restlessness. I'm still pretty exhausted too! That filter that most people have that helps them calm down and count to 10 and think before they say something or do something.... I do believe my filter has grown thin or sometimes disappears entirely. I have been pretty nice to the people in my life, and unfortunately for me, I'm keeping most of my irritations inside and don't actually explode on anyone. However, the wrong comments and rude questions really stew with me until I find something pleasant to distract myself with. My favorite distractions these days include staring at our baby's ultrasound pictures, eating :-), and going for walks!


With any major (or minor) life event, everyone older and so-much-wiser always has an opinion and their way of doing things and a list of the best products to use. This information is given without asking for it, and that's just that. It happened throughout wedding plans, and it has happened since the day we told everyone we are expecting a baby. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the advice, and hearing about symptoms, and stories of deliveries and c-sections. I take the tips and I have learned so much.


I am sure I sound like an unappreciative brat, but my whole point is that I WANT the tips and the stories and the information. I just don't want you to look at me like I have two heads when I say I'm not nauseous. Everyone is different, just as every pregnancy is different. So far, I'm doin' alright. It is 2012 now and I have countless resources and a wonderful doctor, plenty of books, and even a few pregnancy apps on my iPhone.


I am starting to believe that part of the funk I'm in is because I can't enjoy a margarita. :-)


On a happier note, while I have been a little restless and having bad dreams occasionally, I have had a few dreams about the baby being a boy. I have heard theories on this, but I will share my thoughts once we get a confirmation of this little baby's gender. :-) I do not believe in the wedding ring dangling above my belly on a string test, I will not rely on the heart rate to tell us if our baby is a boy or girl, no cravings will predict a gender. We will just know (hopefully) with an ultrasound within the next two months, and we will be absolutely certain once the baby is born. :-)


I keep saying "the baby", but I really don't like sticking with that! I have quietly been calling the baby "Boobaloo", and to Conner, I refer to the baby as "Bill Murray Jr.", which is definitely more fun. His or her real name is already chosen, but will be a secret until his or her arrival. We have many reasons for doing this, but let's just say we want some sort of surprise on their birthday. Our lips are sealed!


I will be 9 weeks tomorrow, and that weekly count on Mondays puts a huge smile on my face. One week closer to the second trimester, one week closer to finding out the gender, one week closer to meeting our son or daughter.


Week 9 will be about happiness, relaxation, and time laying by the pool all week in week 10. Hopefully a new job (yes, STILL waiting), unfortunately though, no Tahoe for us.


My dad gave me his old iPad!!! That was really surprising and I love it and am getting nonstop use out of it. I already don't enjoy sitting at the computer for too long, so it is nice to have an iPad while relaxing on the couch with my feet up! I am sure I will love it just as much when I'm as big as a whale.


Mmmm time to eat....






~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment