Wednesday, November 7, 2012

27 weeks, and feeling humongous!



How many weeks today: 25 +2 days
Baby is the size of: a head of cauliflower, or roughly 14.5 inches and just over 2 pounds. Tonight though, I had an appointment, and my uterus is measuring at 30 weeks. Woooo! That could mean anything though... big baby, lots of fluid, big mama...
Total weight gain/loss: I was so nervous to step on the scale tonight at my doctor's office, but it was better than I expected, and my doctor high-fived me and said, "Wooo! Only 13 pounds total!" It's more than what I want or what he wants, but he said it's still good, so I feel good.
Maternity clothes: Loving them! Currently looking for a couple of pieces to supplement maternity/holiday photos we are having done in a couple of weeks. :-)
Cravings: Same ol' stuff!
Aversions: Brushing my teeth, but yes, I still do it.
Mood: Happy, relieved, thankful, excited, but so so so anxiously awaiting the happy holidays and the arrival of our behbeh!
Physical symptoms: Super sleepy but hangin' in there. My big uterus is achy and heavy, but overall, I feel amazing and cannot complain. My feet and hands and legs are starting to feel the effects of carrying some extra weight (I guess) so I am making a point of getting up more frequently during my workday to go walk around the building, or at the very least, walk to the furthest bathroom.
Miss anything: Not so much.
Showing yet: Yep! I recently ballooned into a huge-bellied beast.
Labor signs: None yet.
Baby movement: Oh boy oh boy oh boy does he move! He's a kicker, karate chopper, flipper, somersaulter, and wiggler.
Wedding rings on or off: On!
Items purchased for baby this week: Nothing this week. Sorry, Corbin.
How is Daddy doing: He's stoked about how fast time is flying and how close our due date is. Life is moving quickly and awesomely.
Favorite moment this week: My favorite moment in the last week was my return to my normal job, in my normal work location, with my normal department that I love.... I am sooooo happy to be done with training in the other location!
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving! Traveling to the Northwest to see family and friends! Christmas! Our DUE DATE!!! And probably a later date after that when he might actually show up.



***Other Highlights This Week***

-We voted! And we are so stoked for the state of WA!
-Kendall & Matt set a date, and they are having a fairly small wedding weekend on Catalina. Kendall asked me (in the cutest way ever) to be her Matron of Honor!
-We are meeting Corbin's future pediatrician tomorrow night....to meet n' greet, have any questions answered, and get our info in their system.
-We received the most adorable invitation from some very sweet Cushman Family who are throwing a baby shower for the Clancy Clan when we are up there in December! SOOOO EXCITED! And we feel so incredibly loved!

Our view from our polling place...the Reagan Library

No comments:

Post a Comment